A couple highlights from my day.
Get up extra early to take Sade to school to finish a final exam before school starts. Then get Lex to school (when SHE needs to be there), then get Coop off.
A couple of the usual things, empty dishwasher, quick trip to grocery store, bank, etc. Quick workout & shower.
Get girls @ 11:40, early schedule for finals. Bring them home, feed them some lunch.
Take Lex to Orthopedist on other side of town for 2 separate injuries, one chronic and one acute--in the healing process. Wait for Dr., x-rays, etc. "gymnastics is by far the most demanding sport on your body. Just stay on top of things . . . . blah, blah, blah. Nothing to worry about, no permanent damage." Out the door an hour and a half later.
Drive straight home and literally pull in the driveway with 5 minutes before we need to leave to take Sade and Lex to gym. Phone rings, it's Wright elementary school. The nurse stammers that I need to pick Cooper up "immediately," he fell, hit the back of his head, and is gushing blood. I race over, & yes, he is gushing blood. I felt like I should have stayed and cleaned up for them. Just for an idea of how much blood we are talking about--the hood of his jacket (that is lined) had a pool of blood in it and the back of the shirt he was wearing was saturated.
Go retrieve the backpacks the boys hid.
Back to the house, get girls, drop them at gym (late), head to Urgent care with Coop and Jameson. (they were walking home together when it happened, I am so glad Jameson was with him!) Wait for Dr. to put 5 staple in my sons head, and out of that Dr.'s office an hour and a half later. Grab some dinner for the boys (I didn't have time to make anything for dinner . . . for some reason).
Drop Jameson @ home, back to the house--10 minutes--put bloody clothes in washer, give dog a bath (long story), out the door to get girls from gym.
Talk to coaches, get all necessary info for competitions this weekend.
Girls home, make them some dinner, print study guides, get homework done, showers, wash a gravel, dried blood, hydrogen peroxide filled head of curly hair, do dishes, etc.
. . . . and it's only 10:15.
Here is a pic of the staples for your amusement. The staples actually closed the gaping gash up nicely, you can't even tell how deep it was!
12 comments:
Did you at least sleep well last night?! Hope Cooper recovers quickly. Poor kid. That looks painful.
What the heck??!! How did Coop do that?? I don't even understand that insane schedule...at least not yet. I think I would buy ,myself some peanut butter golden spoon after that day! ;)
so thats what i have to look forward to with a boy? head wounds? fun times.
does coop at least get to stay home from school today?
Drive around mom is so approriate!! I spend certain days just like that. What in the world happened to Cooper, poor kid?!!
unbelievable
I need a nap now....ugh.....that was exhausting!! LOL you're the perfect woman for the life you have, such an awesome mom. I love it!!!
Are you kidding me.
OH MY GOSH! Today...I count my blessings and try to enjoy the simpleness of the day. (keeping fingers crossed that is.) My kids are younger than yours...I will be where you are soon enough....yours will be gone and I will be calling on you to tell me that this too shall pass. RIght????
PS...get some golden spoon with the nash's...I had mine yesterday!
Oh GOODNESS!?!?! Definitely not looking forward to THAT busy of a life. And the hubs just have to go to work... :)
O.M.G. what a crazy day, and poor coop...that's so intense!
and yeah, how did it happen?
Sounds like a usual day, right? I love the blah blah blah. And now I know what Gavin's in for at 10!
Post a Comment