Friday, January 29, 2010

I've mentioned before, but in case you have a memory like mine . . . . I'll mention again-- both Ben and I are horrible at remembering to take a camera, ANYWHERE. Last weekend was no exception. We decided to FINALLY take the kids on a long overdue trip to the mountains to teach them to snow ski. Half way up to Brian Head Ben looks over at me and goes, "I bet you forgot to bring the camera." To which I replied, "I bet you forgot to bring the camera too." We were both right. Lucky for us, Ben had his phone with him one day and he snapped a shot or two.

The kids loved it. We had perfect weather, it couldn't have been more beautiful. There was a ton of new snow because the week before we went a few storms went through. But the 2 days we were there were blue skies and sun! The kids all picked it up so quick-- they were skiing with Ben and I by the second day. The biggest problem we had was finding skis in the powder that had popped off in a fall, . . . and getting Cooper to slow down.

Me and Coop on the lift



Sadie on the chair behind us, and Lex behind her

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

That looks like so much fun- it's sad to say, but I grew up in Orem. Ut and never have been skiing in my whole life. Now I would probably break something if I tried.

johansen vikings said...

At least you got a few pics. :) looks like you had fun...going back soon? Did the kids LOVE it???