1. Hook up the almost useless boat
2. Drive to where it's way too cold for me to be content
3. Put the almost useless boat on the windy lake, catch a couple fish
4. Check into a sub-par hotel
5. Eat an even more sub-par dinner (really what are you supposed to eat in Beaver!?)
6. Next day go up to the mountains and find a gorgeous river to let the kids fish.
7. Once everyone's hand are too numb to handle their poles, we leave
I know I sound like the biggest Dud don't I!? I actually didn't let on that I was as miserable as my re-cap sounds. What was an added bummer was the fact that the camera died when we got it out up on the mountain to take some pics, I actually would have enjoyed that! So I have a couple pics of the not-so-pretty lake and none of the very pretty river area--oh well.
5 comments:
How fun! I love how adventurous you and Ben are with the kids. I too probably wouldn't be so excited to go especially when it's so cold, but at least you have great memories as a family now.
I can't believe you don't love fishing and what's worse is that you don't love Beaver- I just love to stop there. Okay not really, but I do love the cheese curds from the cheese factory, but really that's it. Maybe munching on those would have made the fishing better!!
So, you totally had plans to take pics....and the camera doesn't even work for you! Glad you got some though! Happy Bday to your Lexie. Your kids sure are beautiful! Love the almost useless boat. So fun actually!
of course the camera died. doesn't it always? (at least for me)
sad we missed each other this weekend.
lol, I love your wording. sounds like A LOT of fun ; )
Post a Comment