Wednesday, October 21, 2009
I SO LOVE little boys
You know those times where for some reason something makes an impression on you? For example--years ago I was doing laundry and insiding things out, pulling sleeves through, etc. I came to a pair of Coopers jeans and felt stuff in the pockets. I started emptying them out onto the top of the washer. The items in his pockets sitting on top of my washer in a pile made me appreciate having a little boy. I can't remember them exactly but they were things that he, a little boy, had collected throughout his day and it was touching. Anyways, the other day I was looking for him and found him pumping up his bike tire. O.K., not a big deal, I know. But it was just one of those moments. It was quiet and he was just a boy taking care of business. Who knows why, but it was another one of "those moments" for me. I said, "hold on, I'll be right back" and went and got the camera.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Erin:
That is really sweet! I need to take time to have moments like that more with my children!
loving that coopers hair is growing! what would we do without at least one fro in the family?!
That is so sweet! Can't wait to have my own.
I know exactly what you mean. I found a pile of snail shells in Gavin's t-shirt pocket the other day, there IS just something SO SWEET about little boys.
I agree...boys ARE the best!
isn't it interesting how boys just make your heart melt sometimes? like in gavin's prayers he always blesses that he can be a good boy for mommy! i am excited to have another little boy. Thanks for sharing! I miss u by the way, we need to go to kobe, half price until the end of the year!
I'm with ya, even with nieces and Mikey I do stuff like that all the time, I call them "mom smile moments". they are often accompanied with tearing up. lol. coop's so cute.
I'm glad you can appreciate those sweet moments of being a mom. You have a sweet boy and he's easy to love and appreciate. And all too soon, he'll be all grown up and you'll just have your sweet memories. But they are forever sweet!
Post a Comment