
So I've been into this new book I"m reading, Thrive. Good stuff. Right up my alley. Anyway--I tried this recipe for buckwheat pancakes and thought I'd post it just in case any of you are feeling adventurous. If you are short a couple of the ingredients pick 'em up next time your out and give these a try--they are SUPER good for you! Lex and Coop were a little wary because they are a dark brownish green color, but they both wanted more.
BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES-- (BTW, buckwheat is not wheat, it's actually a seed)
1 c. buckwheat flour
1/4 c. ground flaxseed
1/4 c. hemp protein
2 tsp. baking powder (I only used one, I like denser pancakes)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 banana
1 or 2 dates
2 c. cold water
I just put all the ing. in a blender and blended till smooth. Use a little coconut oil in the pan so they don't stick. Cook on a low heat. I cooked them over low for about 3-5 min.'s on each side. (you don't want to heat the essential fatty acids too high, it will destroy them)
I ate them plain, the kids put a little bit of organic maple syrup on them, and Ben committed a sin by putting BUTTER on them!
Also, If you haven't read this book, you really should. I highly recommend it. The beginning is a little boring but the rest is phenomenal.
3 comments:
dang, I wanna see a picture of these things! I'm sure they were delish...you little vegan you! p.s. my word verification was "aspre"...is that trying to tell me to aspire to something greater...like veganism? hmm....I don't know...there's just something about a nice juicy hamburger...lol
I have to agree with Kyla, but a nice juicy burger always hits the spot for me. I will say that The China Study is a great book, but I'll still eat animals and their little eggs too.
I LOVE your flower pics! Our honeysuckels are smelling awesome right now! YUMMY!
So...I was with you on the pancake deal til you said they greenish. hmmm, I think I will have to try them. I wonder if St. G will have all my ing.? Also, I would have to sin with Ben. I LOVE butter. Sorry to disappoint. :)
Post a Comment