Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sunflower Seed Granola

I don't normally post recipes but I might just start!  I have been baking (way too much) lately and tonight I came across a granola recipe that I thought I mine as well try, --right?  It is really good, so here it is if you feel so inclined to give it a shot!

3/4 c. sunflower seeds
1 1/2 c. oatmeal
1/4 c. ground flaxseeds
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/2 c. slivered almonds
1/2 c. shredded coconut, unsweetened
3 T. natural peanut butter
1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. agave syrup
1/2 t. vanilla

Preheat oven to 300.  Combine all ing. in a bowl and mix till blended.  Press into a 9 x 9 in. pan and bake for 40 min.

I didn't have any coconut on hand (used it for something else a couple days ago) so I just didn't use any.  I loved it, right up my alley.

1 comment:

ksanft said...

Ooooh, sounds fab (and a little fattening) I will definitely have to give it a try. Thanks for sharin' the wealth.