Sunday, June 1, 2008










it's taken me A WEEK to find time to post about last weekend -- but here I am! The kids flew up to Grandma and Grandpa Lunds house all by themselves. And when I say all by themselves, I mean it. Come to find out from Southwest that once you turn 12 you are no longer a "kid" --who would have guessed?-- not me. And because Lexie (10) and Cooper (8) were traveling with Sadie (12), they were all on their own! It made me a little nervous, to Ben it was more "adventerous." When we picked them up we tried to spy on them from a safe following distance to watch them get from the gate to us (supposedly down at baggage claim) but Lexie somehow saw Ben, I really don't know how, so our plan was foiled! They left Sat. morning and returned Mon. night. They had a great time with Grandma, Grandpa, aunts, uncles, and cousins. They went to the Copper mine and discovered enormous tires, 13 feet tall to be exact. And learned that it is one of two man-made things you can see from outer space. They LOVE Grandma and Grandpa's yard. Grandpa has "built" an amazing "garden" --complete with water features, brick pathways, trellised plants, gates, statues of all kinds, etc. It is incredible. They went up to Heber and went on the ol' Heber Creeper. I'm told the views were incredible --and from the outside car Lexie saw a mother duck with her ducklings treading a path through a mossy part of the river, she liked that. The kids saw all of their cousins in Utah and had a great time. Many thanks to Grandma and Grandpa.

While they were gone Ben and I took full advantage and checked into a room at the Venetian for the weekend. We too, had a great time!

2 comments:

Sean and Kyla said...

wow, that's so cool. great pictures. I love the hummingbird one. and who's the conductor, is he single? lol, just kidding.
p.s. you know that on my latest blog post I did think of you and almost wrote something about "healthcare...but not love." but figured that probably could've hurt someone's feelings. lol. but yeah, knew you'd love the Fat video.
p.p.s. I can't believe your kids were brave enough to travel by themselves. I didn't fly by myself til college and yes, I admit I was actually really nervous about it.

campblondie said...

Good for them, that's huge! I love the Heber Creeper, and I confirm that there are incredible views!