I haven't figured out how you comment under each picture so it always shows all the pictures first, and then the commentary, or vice versa--sorry. I'm just going to put it out there--I could live at Lake Powell. I'm serious. No, really, I'm serious. I absolutely love the place. I'm sure its from all the years of going there when I was younger. The smell when your riding on the boat-- a mix of lake water, gas, boat leather, I don't know-- but if they could bottle it, I would wear it! The fact that you can pack your stuff in a backpack and be good for the week thrills me. Coming up after a fall on your ski after an incredible run, there is nothing like it--you just want to yoddle or something from the water. Anyways... we had a fabulous time! The kids all skied, intertubed, scurfed (I'm not sure if that spelling is right), and cliffjumped. They fished and did fireworks, what?. . . nobody told us they were illegal. I could stay a month and still not want to leave. I wish you could smell the smell as you look at the pictures, you know-like scratch and sniff, but you cant. See Ya!
Monday, June 30, 2008
A home away from home..Lake Powell
I haven't figured out how you comment under each picture so it always shows all the pictures first, and then the commentary, or vice versa--sorry. I'm just going to put it out there--I could live at Lake Powell. I'm serious. No, really, I'm serious. I absolutely love the place. I'm sure its from all the years of going there when I was younger. The smell when your riding on the boat-- a mix of lake water, gas, boat leather, I don't know-- but if they could bottle it, I would wear it! The fact that you can pack your stuff in a backpack and be good for the week thrills me. Coming up after a fall on your ski after an incredible run, there is nothing like it--you just want to yoddle or something from the water. Anyways... we had a fabulous time! The kids all skied, intertubed, scurfed (I'm not sure if that spelling is right), and cliffjumped. They fished and did fireworks, what?. . . nobody told us they were illegal. I could stay a month and still not want to leave. I wish you could smell the smell as you look at the pictures, you know-like scratch and sniff, but you cant. See Ya!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am jealous...Lake Powell is awesome,haven't been in a long time. Congrats to the little triathletes:)very admirable!! See you guys soon hopefully.
I too love Lake Powell. I know exactly the smell of which you speak. It just screams summer. So glad you had fun!
there's so much about this blog I love, mostly not knowing what the heck "scurfing" is. Must be something active which would explain why I haven't the slightest idea of what it would be! ; )
i hope the smell you are missing is the smell of the foul around. that was a choice odor. miss you guys already.
No wonder I haven't heard back from you... we have both been on the same vacation, differnt lake! And the fact that we are in the middle of buying a house might have something to do with it as well~
FYI...I have a new home phone number (949)276-6912 but you can always reach me on my cell (949)874-0582. Are you guys coming out this way at all this summer? If so, it would be fun to get together and catch up!!
Since your kids came out last, Gavin always says Coopi, Coopi, and looks for Coop. It's very funny, so latley he always wants to look at your blog pics so he can see your kids!! He is saying Coopi right now so it reminded me to tell you!! :)
Post a Comment