Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Field trip



Lex's 5th grade class went on a field trip to lake Mead out on a "houseboat classroom" last week. And lucky for me. . . . I got to go! I learned a few things that were kind of interesting. One thing I learned that I wouldn't have guessed is that the water is quite clear. You can see down about 35-40 feet. I know, I told you, I was surprised too. We also studied small drops of water, and THAT, you don't want to hear about. Just thought I'd throw up a picture of one of our fish friends at the lake. Just so you know what your swimming with out there!

6 comments:

ksanft said...

Does your shirt have venom....or...???

Sean and Kyla said...

how do you know? maybe I DID want to hear all about your studies and research on small drops of water. hmf! ok, you're right, I probably didn't, but I do appreciate this factual yet interesting post.

La said...

We cannot wait for Powell. Eden will be sleeping in a life jacket, so she may not love her time there. Any good ideas for what I should make on my dinner nights?

Avery said...

er--
i got your message today...we were at the hospital all flippin day so i'll call you back maybe tomorrow. i like that you call me..so nice to talk to you periodically. My bela is the sweetest, i want you guys to come back and see her. your kids are getting way too old. coop looks tall all the sudden..love him. say hi to the girls and coop for me. love you guys...
ave

Chelsea said...

I love the smores post. I feel the same way about the apples. I always thought that was the way to eat them until I got older and realized that no one had ever heard of using apples instead of grahams! What a fun mothers day!

Michelle and Andrew said...

love that you are blogging!!!! i am going to attach you to my page. See you thursday!